Hello! I’m Victoria.
The great people at Font Bureau trained me to design and develop fonts, and now along with some of them I have my very own foundry at TypeNetwork. You can also find my typefaces on Adobe Fonts, if that’s more your cup of coffee.
Students, recent grads, and new designers, especially those from communities often excluded from and underrepresented in tech and design, I’d love to give you free trial licenses for my typefaces. Send me an email!
I keep a non-exhaustive list of typefaces by women for anyone seeking such a reference.
We should work together and/or be friends: firstname.lastname@example.org
Speaking and Writing
- The Faces of Cyrus Highsmith · A former student and protégé reflects on seeing her mentor accept the prestigious Gerrit Noordzij Prize, March 2018
- Typographics Conference · “Make Those Connections” June 2016
- Type Directors Club · “Fixing Things for Fun & No Profit” February 2017
- Typographica · Contributor
- Alphabettes · founding member and regular contributor
- Working File Podcast · Regular contributor
- An Interview with Victoria Rushton · by Stephen Coles
- The Name Gautreaux · In which I write about my grandmother
- Design Feast · Interview